Citizens Advice Solihull Borough – Our Vision, Values and Objectives 2020-2025
During 2020, we have been working incredibly hard making sure all our current services are able to keep running and help local people, of course within the Governments Covid-19 guidelines.
We currently have 13 projects running simultaneously giving us the ability to make our vision a reality for residents in the Borough:
– Adviceline: offering specialist and generalist advice and information
– Single queue: we have been taking overflow calls to our national single telephone number
– Help To Claim: helping people with Universal Credit from application to first payment, operating 5 days
– Active chats: helping to get inactive people active again following shielding, or contracting covid19 or being
over 60 years
– Neighbourhood line: volunteers making weekly calls to people who are lonely or just want someone to
check in on them
– Social Prescribing Link Workers x 3: attached to 17 GP practices in south Solihull help to support people
with non-medical problems
– Holistic Wellbeing Service: in 10 GP surgeries in north Solihull, offering a full advice and information
– Volunteering into work: a project helping people get the skills, knowledge and confidence to get a job
– Access to employment: we engage with people and promote organisations in the Borough who can help
with job search, computer skills, cv writing and interview techniques
– Money/debt advice: giving specialised debt and money advice to resident
– PensionWise: our partners, Citizens Advice Coventry deliver this service for us in the Borough
– MacMillan: advice and information for people touched by cancer
– Shielding Lists: We have made contact with over 1500 people in the Borough, checking they have food,
medicine, access to their doctor, money, support and a plan B in case one of those fail.
Presently the team is working remotely delivering all the services above. We are continually recruiting volunteers to help us deliver our services. If you are interested in getting involved, please get in touch.
We help people find away forward.