The Truth about Prepayment Meters
People using prepayment meters (PPM) to pay for gas and/or electricity are paying more on average for their energy than people on credit (standard) meters. There are several reasons for this such as apathy, lack of understanding / knowledge of alternatives and a belief that they are ‘stuck’ with this method.
Typically PPM users are ‘fuel poor’ and so would benefit disproportionally from being able to save money on their fuel bills and through fuel efficiency measures, you could save up to £226 per year by switching. Citizen’s Advice Solihull Borough (CASB) is conducting a project to provide information for PPM customers which will help them to decide if this really is what they want.
In a series of individual and group sessions we will answer such things as;
- Alternative ways to manage your PPM
- Mythbusting some common misconceptions about PPM usage
- Under what circumstances people can change from a PPM
There will also be the opportunity to learn about other ways of saving money by;
- Switching to a different tariff with the same supplier (although the choice for PPM users is extremely limited)
- Switching suppliers
- Changing to a credit meter (or Smart meter where available)
- Accessing grants and schemes such as the Priority Service Register and the Warm Home Discount Scheme
If you’d like to speak with one of our PPM advisers for help and information on how to switch your prepayment meter and save money on your energy bills then please call us on 0121 704 7810 (Mon-Fri 10am to 14:30pm) or fill in your contact information below.